What is the Expertise Database?
What is the purpose of the Expertise Database?
The purpose for the database is to match up science and management expertise with user needs. This effort addresses a core mission of the WAA: to facilitate transfer of current science to applied problems with the ultimate goal of improving sustainability of aspen ecosystems.
We envision use of this database along several avenues:
- Agency managers who are looking for expertise in mapping, monitoring, or implementing with state-of-the-science aspen expertise.
- Research scientists searching for experienced land managers to partner with and/or site experiments.
- Basic literature or knowledge queries to further budding research or management actions.
- Building consortiums for larger research grants or regional projects.
- A search database for locating conference or meeting presenters.
Who may participate in and utilize the Expertise Database?
How do I participate in the Expertise Database?
You must be a Western Aspen Alliance Member to use the Expertise Database. Anyone can join the WAA--membership requires providing a valid email address. Click HERE to join. To join, click on BECOME A MEMBER on the right side of the screen.
When you register, you will be asked if you would like to participate in the Expertise Database. If you agree to participate, you will receive an email containing instructions for logging into the system.